The Careers Services provides support, guidance and information and a vacancy and work experience service to all our undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as recent graduates of the ASI.
From general guidance on how to apply for jobs, how to conduct yourself at a job interview, how to fine-tune your CV to help in general career planning, the Careers Service organises a wide range of activities to help you develop your career during and after your studies.
- The Careers Service offers the following services to all our international students:Interview Training and Skills Development Sessions – Here you will learn more about the sort of skills employers seek in graduate recruits.
- Employer Presentations and Events – Employers regularly come to the university to talk about the opportunities they offer to Sheffield graduates. Deloitte, Ernst&Young, Bechtel, Rolls-Royce, Atkins Global Plc, Arup, Deutsche Bank, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Volkswagen and Airbus are just some of the many companies that regularly visit the university to meet our students.
- Occupational Panels – Meet representatives and recent graduates from a range of occupations who will talk about their work and answer your questions.
- Reference Library – The library offers access to daily newspapers, journals and brochures covering career planning, occupations, employers, further study and all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
- Computer Services – Search online vacancies or work on your career plan using a range of specialist software including career guidance systems.